When a skin cancer is found, it is important to have it completely removed to keep it from spreading or coming back. At Fine Arts Skin & Laser, we also understand the importance of providing a reconstruction that most favorably preserves appearance and function.
Dr. David Hartman leads Fine Arts Skin & Laser. Contact us online or call 330-364-5656 to schedule a consultation and find out how skin cancer removal and reconstruction with our experienced medical team can make a difference for you.
Why Choose Dr. Hartman for Skin Cancer Removal and Reconstruction?
At Fine Arts Skin & Laser, Dr. Hartman takes a comprehensive approach to skin cancer removal:
- Dr. Hartman is double-board certified in both facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and in otolaryngology-head & neck surgery. We do skin cancer removal and reconstructions from head to toe.
- Using advanced binocular microscopy throughout the procedure, Dr. Hartman can precisely and completely remove the entire cancer. This innovative technique is just one example of the sophisticated techniques we use.
- Nearly all skin cancer patients can be treated in our state-of-the-art in-office surgical suites for optimal comfort and convenience.
- Unlike many other offices, we do our reconstructions in the very same visit as the excisional biopsy, saving you both time and money.
- We take great care when reconstructing the excisional defect to provide the most optimal cosmetic and functional result. We use microscopy for all our reconstructions.
- All cancer specimens are marked so the reviewing pathologist will know precisely where the cancer came from, and which side is left or right, up or down. This is vital for us and the pathologist to determine the completeness of the cancer removal.
- We routinely use surgical-scar-improving laser treatments at no additional charge on follow-up visits when laser treatments would prove helpful.
- Surgery with honesty is one of our core goals, and we blend safe, effective procedures with beautiful, functionally optimized results for all our patients.
Am I a Good Candidate for Skin Cancer Removal and Reconstruction?
As no two cases of skin cancer are alike, the best way to determine if you, indeed, have skin cancer – and if so, what the best course of action is – is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Hartman and our medical team. We will listen to all your concerns and create a personalized treatment plan with you to achieve the best results possible with minimal disruption to your normal activities.
We will also let you know how to prepare for your procedure, what you can expect during the treatment process and afterward, and all relevant safety information that applies to your procedure.